Important information before you apply
- The Roger & Douglas Turner Charitable Trust CIO (Registered charity 1154467) ‘The Trust’.
- The Trust awards grants to registered charities only. Grants are not made to any organisation that is not a registered charity (ie social enterprises, community interest companies and other not-for-profit organisations).
- The Trust does not support charities that can draw upon significant private sector funding to bolster their fund, nor charities with large defined-benefit pension fund deficits.
- You may apply for funding a maximum of once per year. If you are unsuccessful, we request that you wait 12-months before reapplying.
- The beneficial area of the trust is: Birmingham, Worcestershire and the four boroughs of the Black Country (Wolverhampton, Sandwell, Walsall and Dudley). Some grants are made in the Solihull MBC area at the Trustees’ discretion.
- National charities may apply subject to the specific charitable work/public benefit in the beneficial area.
- Successful initial appeals are unlikely to receive funding of no more than £3,000.
- Appeals may be for a project, capital expenditure, or core costs, but not for specific staff salaries.
- A representative from the Trust may wish to visit your charity as part of the decision process.
- Charities which receive regular donations are included in a visit programme.
Completing your application form
- Please only submit the information requested. No additional information is required.
- Should you need further assistance or be unable to complete the form online, please contact Amy Smith, Grants Manager who will provide additional support.
- Trustees meet four times per year. The latest deadline for submission will be just over one calendar month prior to the next trustee meeting.
- The Grants Manager endeavours to acknowledge all applications once the outcome is determined.
PLEASE TICK THE BOX BELOW TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE APPLICATION STAGE